Scholarship Spotlight – April 2016
Every month, we select some of the best scholarships around and post them here on our blog. When you are ready to apply, check out our tips on How to Write a Scholarship Essay.
Visit eNotes Essay Lab if you’re looking for a writing expert to review and provide feedback on your scholarship or college application essays!
HotelsCheap Scholarship Program
Eligibility: Applicants must be residents of the United States and at least 16 years of age. Scholarship rules and terms can be found here.
Requirements: To apply for the scholarship, he or she must answer four personal, open-ended, and thought-provoking questions. The students whose responses are the most persuasive, compelling, and well-written, as judged by our executive management team will be considered finalists.
Due Date: April 15, 2016
Pelican Water Sustainability Scholarship
Amount: $1,500, $1,000, and $500 (3 Winners)
Eligibility: Must be legal US residents, must be currently enrolled full-time at an accredited university in the US
Requirements: Write an essay on: What are some ways to increase awareness about the negative environmental and social impacts of single use bottled water and how would you convince people to filter their own water at home?
Include Transcripts: High School Graduate (or equivalent): 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA or University: 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA.
Reference: One letter of recommendation. Submit applications (and all associated materials) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due Date: April 15, 2016
Harbor Breeze Cruises Advertising and Social Media Scholarship
Eligibility: Harbor Breeze Cruises Announces its $1,000 Advertising and Social Media Scholarship. This scholarship acknowledges the increasing importance of advertising and social media for businesses to be able to compete and thrive in the future.
- Must have plans to be enrolled as a college/university student within the United States starting fall 2016.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent).
- Must be an American citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid student visa.
- Must submit an essay meeting the specifications in the description.
- The essay must be the applicant’s original work.
- Essay – Please write an essay that answers the following questions: How do you foresee social media and advertising evolving in the future? What will the next generations of customers expect? How can Harbor Breeze Cruises, as a whale watch operations, engage these customers going into the future? How can Harbor Breeze Cruises stand out from the competition going forward in the future?
- Letter of Recommendation – Written by a teacher, this letter will evaluate the student’s academic merit.
- Your Photo – Your photo will be posted on this website if chosen as a recipient of the award.
Due Date: April 30, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST.
Sleeping Angels Co. Scholarship Program
Amount: $2,000 to 3 winners
Eligibility: Sleeping Angels Co. cares not only about families and parents, but also wants to plan for the future. To aide with this Sleeping Angels Co. has set up a scholarship for college students. This is to help offset the expensive costs of higher education, while remaining focused on their education and not how to pay off their education.
We know that students are becoming more and more creative each and every year and we want to acknowledge those achievements. We are excited to bring about this scholarship to college students.
- Currently enrolled as college/university student within the United States of America
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- American citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid student visa is a requirement for participants
- Submit an essay describing the evolution of the nanny in the 21st century (must be 100% unique)
- Upload an essay, letter of recommendation, and photo of yourself before submitting the application by clicking the Upload Scholarship Documents button and uploading files all at once. All of the following documents must be included:
- Essay: The essay should describe the goal of the particular project and provide the link to access the content such as the blog, app, etc. (if applicable).
- Letter of Recommendation: The letter should evaluate the quality of the work.
- Your Photo: The photo should be one taken during project execution.
Due Date: April 30, 2016 at 11:59 PST.