Between paying rent, buying groceries, and maintaining a social life, being a student can get expensive. The good news is that there are tons of discounts out there to help you get more bang for your buck without having to completely sacrifice your lifestyle.
Whether you’re on or off campus, be sure to keep your student ID close to save more and spend less. Bookmark this post or download our handy PDF, because you’ll want to keep these 100+ savings accessible all year long.
- Ann Taylor: 15% off purchase by verifying your email or showing your student ID
- American Eagle Outfitters: 20% student discount when you shop online at ae.com
- Banana Republic: 15% off your full-priced purchase with valid school ID
- Charlotte Russe: 10% off site wide when registered with UniDays
- Club Monaco: 15% off full-price and sale merchandise in stores and online to college students who sign up with their school email
- Dr. Martens: 15% off when registered with UniDays
- Eastern Mountain Sports: 15% off purchase when registered with UniDays
- Forever 21: 10% off online purchases
- J. Crew: 15% discount on any in-store purchases with valid school ID
- Levi’s: 15% discount in-store and online with valid school ID and email
- Madewell: 15% discount for college students who present valid school ID at in-store checkout
- Medelita: 20% off by scanning or taking a picture of current student ID and submitting an online form
- Missguided: 50% off purchases for students in the U.S
- Necessary Clothing: 20% discount on all online purchases of $100 more
- Toms: 10% cash back from purchases and free shipping on all orders. They’ll also donate one pair of shoes with every pair you buy
- Topshop: 10% discount after registering with Student Beans
- Urban Outfitters: 10% off online purchases when you register with UniDays
- Zaful: Exclusive student deals and 15% off all items site-wide
- 1800Flowers: 20% off online orders when registered with UniDays
- Amazon: 50% off Amazon’s Prime service which includes streaming video and unlimited two-day shipping, after a six-month free trial
- Best Buy: Exclusive offers and discounts on a variety of products when students sign up with Student Deals
- Eight Smart Mattresses: Various discounts and special financing plans for students
- FedEx: 30% off on documents and 20% on shipping services with FedEx Office with valid school ID
- Overstock: Free Club O membership with exclusive rewards, cash back, and free shipping on all orders
- Pottery Barn: 15% off orders in-store and online with validation of school email or student ID
- Sally Beauty Supplies: Free Beauty Student Savings Club Card for beauty school students after presenting ID or filling out application in-store
- Sam’s Club: Discounts on membership and savings on college essentials with a Collegiate Membership
- Target: 15% off entire purchase when creating a college registry
- West Elm: 15% off in-store purchases with valid student ID. Save on your online order by registering .edu email address
Tech & Phone
- Adobe: Various discounts on software, such as 60% off on Creative Cloud, for full-time students
- Apple: 5% off most purchases for students and educators. For example, save up to $200 on a new Mac or a new iPad with Apple’s Education pricing
- AT&T: Various wireless plans and programs for college students
- AVG: 20% off online by registering with Student Beans
- Dell: Discounts on laptops, desktops, and more through Dell University
- Lenovo: Lenovo’s Academic Purchase Program offers student discounts on laptops, tablets, and desktop computers. Discounts vary depending on school
- Logitech: 25% off on products
- Microsoft: Save up to $194 on a Surface Pro 3, 10% on accessories, and get special pricing on software
- Norton: Up to 50% savings on security and AntiVirus software
- Sony: Up to 10% savings on merchandise when you sign up for the Sony Student Store membership
- Sprint: Add unlimited data for an additional $10 per month
- T-Mobile: Special plans alongside discounted smartphones and tablets
- Trustive: Half off internet using an International Student Card
- Verizon Wireless: $65.00 cash back by registering with Student Rate
- Allstate: 20% off for getting good grades for single, full-time students
- Farmers: College students with a 3.0 GPA, on the Dean’s List, on the Honor Roll, or ranked in the top 20% of their class can get a discount on insurance. Submit proof of eligibility, including a report card, when applying for the discount.
- Geico: 15% on certain coverages if you have a “B” average for full-time students (ages 16 to 25)
- Nationwide: Students between the ages of 16 and 24 who are enrolled in school full-time can receive a discount on insurance
- State Farm: 25% discounts until you turn 25 years for students with good grades.
- Stock and Go: 10% off everything when registered with UniDays
- Travelers: Discounted insurance for full-time students between 16 and 25 with at least a “B” average
- AMC Theaters: Discounted movie tickets on Thursdays with valid school ID
- Apple Music: Discounted membership price for up to 4 years
- The Art Institute of Chicago: $17 tickets for general admission, $12 tickets for Chicago students, and $14 tickets for Illinois residents
- Broadway in Chicago: Tickets as low as $14.50 on select performances
- Carnegie Hall: $10 student tickets
- Cinemark: Discounted tickets at various locations with valid school ID
- Memphis Symphony Orchestra: $5 tickets with valid school ID
- Metropolitan Opera: Discounted tickets for full-time undergraduates and graduate students. Prices will vary by show.
- New England Aquarium: $2 off admission and IMAX tickets
- Spotify: $4.99 per month along with a free Hulu subscription
Travel & Transportation
- Choice Hotels: Earn 15% off at participating hotels with the Student Advantage Card. Choice Hotels include Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, EconoLodge, Rodeway Inn, and Ascend.
- Coach USA: Discounted tickets depending on your school’s bus line. Discounts will vary.
- Greater Cleveland RTA: U-Pass for around $25 per semester
- General Motors: Discounts on vehicles, products, and services with the GM College Discount
- Hotels.com: 10% off rooms when booking online
- Penske: 10% off all truck rentals for students, plus an additional 10% if you book your one-way rental online
- Zipcar: $15 student membership plus $25 free driving credit when you join Zipcar online at zipcar.com
- The Economist: $1.88 per week for students and a weekly delivery in print, full access to Economist.com, and full access to The Economist apps
- Guilford Press: 40% discount on books, videos, newsletters, and journals with no minimum order and free shipping with Guilford Press for full-time students
- Scribd: $4.99 a month with a student subscription
- The New York Times: Discounted rates (varies by zip code) for students who register online with their school email. You’ll also get unlimited access to NYTimes.com, NYTimes apps, and NYT Now with your subscription.
- The Wall Street Journal: $1 per week for 15 weeks for access
- The Washington Post: 50% savings on student subscriptions
Health & Fitness
- 24 Hour Fitness: Special discount for students at participating locations
- Aaptiv: 50% off a monthly or yearly subscription by registering with UniDays
- Barre 3: 20% off workout classes when you subscribe to barre3 online at barre3.com
- BPI Sport: 20% off their order of supplements and products when registered with Student Beans
- Life Time Fitness: Low monthly dues and the option to freeze your account over breaks with a Student Membership
- Pharmapack: 10% off by verifying your school email with UniDays
- Tough Mudder – 30% discount to all verified University and College students in the US
* Discounts will vary based on location *
- Arby’s: 10% off entire meal with student ID
- Buffalo Wild Wings: 10% off entire meal with student ID
- Burger King: 10% discount at some locations with student ID
- Chick-Fil-A: Free small drink with any purchase at some locations with student ID
- Chipotle: Free soda with your meal (depending on location) with a student ID
- Dairy Queen: 10% discount on entire meal at certain locations with valid student ID
- Dominoes: Various discounted deals depending on location
- Dunkin Donuts: 10% discount on your purchase with valid school ID
- Firehouse Subs: 10% off first order at participating locations
- Kroger: 5% discount on groceries
- McDonald’s: Free hamburger, cheeseburger, or McFlurry with purchase at select locations.
- Papa John’s: Various discounts offer depending on location
- Qdoba: Free drink with meal purchase
- Schlotzky’s Deli: 10-15% discount on orders
- Shari’s Restaurants: 10% off meal
- Shoney’s: 15% discount on meal with valid school ID
- Subway: 10% off subs, salads, and snacks at certain locations with valid student ID
- Sweet Tomatoes: 10% discount on the salad buffet
- Taco Bell: 10% off meal at participating locations
- TCBY: 15% savings with valid school ID
- Waffle House: 10% discount at certain locations with valid student ID
- Student Advantage Card: The Student Advantage Card partners with major retailers, travel providers, and more to offer exclusive discounts for students for a yearly standard rate.
- StudentRate.com: Student Rate is dedicated to connecting students with current discounts across the web. Once you register your student ID, they’ll send discounts straight to your inbox.
- Unidays.com: A free discount service used to verify student status with a wide variety of businesses. Simply sign up with your student email to gain access to an abundance of deals from your favorite brands and services.
- International Student Identity Card: The only internationally-recognized student ID, the ISIC provides over 160,000 benefits in 130+ countries for a standard monthly fee.
Whether you’re an incoming freshman or a seasoned senior, there are too many discounts not to take advantage of while you’re still a student. If you know of any deals or discounts that didn’t make our list, send us an email and let us know. We want to make our Ultimate Student Discount Guide a reliable resource for students, so be on the lookout for updated content and new features.