Top Ten Tattoos Inspired by Children’s Books
Our favorite childhood books stay with us in our minds and our hearts forever. They’re the reason why, mid-life, you can look at the bald patch of the man at your side and think only of the velveteen rabbit, with all his fur loved off. But the only way to really show your love for them is to have them permanently inked on your skin, as the folks below can attest to. Here’s a round up of ten very devoted children’s lit fans:
1. Beatrix Potter‘s Peter Rabbit
2. Stuart Little by E. B. White
4. The Very Hungry Caterpillar
5. An amazing sleeve depicting the mad hatter scene from Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
6. The opening lines of Watership Down
7. Matilda by Roald Dahl
8. Maurice Sendak’s Where the Wild Things Are had two astounding entries, so we just had to credit both.
9. The Velveteen Rabbit (definitely a rabbit theme going on here)
10. The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
Oh and just for good measure because it’ll make you smile…
A little game of Where’s Waldo?
Explore more at Flavorwire’s round-up, and tell us what book from your childhood you’d pay tribute to in a comment below.