Each month we’re awarding a $500 grant to one of our standout students. Could it be you?
Welcome to a new kind of scholarship program. At eNotes, we don’t need you to write an essay to try and stand out from the millions. We just want you to share your knowledge with others and help your fellow students get through their homework assignments.
Contribute your answers to eNotes’ Homework Help and you’ll be automatically entered to win a $500 grant each month! How does it work? It’s simple:
We do the digging so you don’t have to.
When you don’t know where or how to start your research paper, dive into an eNotes Research Paper Starter. We clearly explain and analyze over 1,500 complex subjects so that you can concentrate on learning what you really need to know and writing a great paper.
Why use a Research Starter? Two reasons:
- easily fine-tune the thesis of your paper
- locate expert sources without spending precious hours scouring a library database
Read on to find out more about this latest feature from eNotes!
Agh, yes, it is that time of year again: back to school! To make things a little easier for you (and to make your friends a lot jealous), we’re giving away a super sweet lunch-box set. Our exclusive literary kit includes:
- An Edgar Allan Poe lunch box
- A pack of Shakespeare insult gum
- A tin of Jane Austen bandages
- A whole bunch of neon eNotes pencils
- And a FREE pass to eNotes for 1 year!
To win, just mention your favorite author in a comment here or hit us up on Twitter or Facebook. We’ll pick two winners at random on 9/17/14 (U.S. shipping only).
Check out our first three Pinterest boards as we collect tips and tricks to help you study and teach smarter.
Find and follow us at www.pinterest.com/enotescom.
Hi, everyone! While some of you might already be preparing for the next quiz you’ll be taking at school, some of us over at eNotes have been having (way too much) fun trying to make some. Don’t worry, though— none of these quizzes will affect your grade. Have a look at the list below to see what we’ve added to our collection so far!
1. Take the Shakespearean Deaths Quiz to figure out which tragedy has the highest body count, where you can read about revenge in the form of unwitting cannibalism, and more!
Why, William… why?!
2. If you take the Authors and Animals Quiz, be prepared for more than beloved dogs and cats of various authors. There may or may not be a lobster involved. Oh, also a bear.
3. At some point in your life, you might have encountered a book for which your hatred now burns with the fire of a thousand suns. Well, you are not alone in your passionate distaste for certain literature. Take our Author-on-author Insults Quiz to learn about the scathing remarks authors have made about other authors and their work.
4. Remember that bit about people sharing your hatred? Well, not everyone is just content to rant about it at the next book club meeting. Some books offend people so deeply that they start throwing around the dreaded “b-word”— banned, that is. Our Banned Books Quiz contains questions that highlight some of the silliest reasons for banning books, quotes from authors who disapprove of censorship, and other fun tidbits about the baddest books in the business. A warning to those with weak constitutions: one of the books in this quiz features two rabbits getting married.
Won’t someone please think of the children?
5. Last but not least, there’s a little something to brighten your day and give you a nice change of pace if you happened to have already taken the first and admittedly morbid quiz on this list. The Love Quotes from Famous Authors Quiz is sure to give you some warm, literary fuzzies. What did Mark Twain have to say about matters of the heart? Who loved so deeply he longed for a new set of words to express his devotion? Take the quiz to find out!